- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Wellness Planning: Your Pet’s Roadmap to Health
First and foremost, wellness includes more than a check-up. At Beacon Veterinary Hospital, wellness is our primary focus and guides our approach to every pet and owner. Since our pets can’t speak to us, this wellness approach is how we develop communication: first between pet and owner, then between owner and doctor.
Routine care and wellness exams enhance quality of life for any pet. Here is what you can expect:
- Thorough exams
- Personal vaccination plans designed for your pet’s age and lifestyle
- Comprehensive dental services which include cleaning, radiography, extractions, training and education for at-home dental care
- Microchip services
Wellness and Prevention
- Parasite detection and prevention
- Nutritional counseling
- Weight management
- Puppy Preschool and Kitten Kindergarten classes
- Behavior wellness
- Pet selection counseling
- Spaying and neutering
Prevention begins with annual physical exams and the appropriate vaccinations, followed by flea and tick prevention, screening for heartworm and tick-borne diseases, and appropriate preventive measures. Please bring a stool sample in a clean container to each annual exam, because in our geographic location it’s important to check for intestinal parasites. “Wellness” is a total lifestyle approach that includes socialization of puppies and kittens, regular and appropriate exercise, an appropriate, high quality diet, and positive expectations for the pet-owner relationship. Your pet’s wellness plan is your roadmap to a fulfilling relationship with your dog or cat.